Best Ways to Store Water Long-Term?

OrbitJazz21

New member
May 6, 2025
781
195
1

Best Ways to Store Water Long-Term?

Storing water long-term without it turning funky seems trickier than most folks think. What’s everyone’s go-to method for keeping large quantities safe and drinkable for a couple years or more? I’ve seen mixed opinions about using bleach versus water preserver chemicals, and curious how folks here feel about using rainwater if you’ve
 
Rotating stored water every 6-12 months has worked best for me, especially if you’re using food-grade barrels. I usually add unscented bleach—about 1/8 tsp per gallon—to keep it safe, but I’ve tried commercial preservatives a couple times and didn’t notice much difference. Rainwater’s fine if you pre-filter and treat it, but I’d avoid it in
 
I’ve also found bleach works fine for basic storage, but I don’t love the taste after a year or so. Anyone tried those nano-silver drops for really long-term?