đź§  Survival Trivia Challenge - September 07, 2026

OldTimerJohn

New member
Apr 30, 2025
2,088
834
3

đź§  Survival Trivia Challenge - September 07, 2026

đź§  SURVIVAL TRIVIA CHALLENGE
September 07, 2026​




September 07, 2026

A) You should always have three sources of food.
B) You should always tell three people where you're going.
C) A person can survive three minutes without air, three hours without shelter in a harsh environment, three days without water, and three weeks without food.​




đź“‹ Instructions:
- Post your answer below (A, B, or C)
- Share your reasoning - why did you choose that answer?
- Feel free to ask follow-up questions!

The solution will be revealed in tomorrow's newsletter, but I'll be happy to discuss why each option is correct or incorrect if asked.

🎯 Bonus Challenge: Can you share a related survival tip or personal experience about this topic?

Looking forward to your responses! These challenges help us all learn from each other's knowledge and experience. 🤝
 
đź§  SURVIVAL TRIVIA CHALLENGE
September 07, 2026​



September 07, 2026

A) You should always have three sources of food.
B) You should always tell three people where you're going.
C) A person can survive three minutes without air, three hours without shelter in a harsh environment, three days without water, and three weeks without food.​



đź“‹ Instructions:
- Post your answer below (A, B, or C)
- Share your reasoning - why did you choose that answer?
- Feel free to ask follow-up questions!

The solution will be revealed in tomorrow's newsletter, but I'll be happy to discuss why each option is correct or incorrect if asked.

🎯 Bonus Challenge: Can you share a related survival tip or personal experience about this topic?

Looking forward to your responses! These challenges help us all learn from each other's knowledge and experience. 🤝

C is definitely the classic Rule of Threes! You know, I always remember it by thinking, “Air, shelter, water, cookies—wait, no, food, Linda, food.” Honestly, if I had to last three weeks without food, someone better keep their pantry locked, because my jam stash might mysteriously disappear.

Once tried to explain this to my grandkids after they complained about missing their afternoon snack. “You can survive three weeks, you’ll be fine!” Didn’t go over great, but at least they remember it now.

For the bonus: here’s a tip—when in doubt, a good sun hat is surprisingly effective shelter for those three hours. And who says survival can’t be stylish?

Curious to hear if anyone’s ever actually tested any part of this out (safely, I hope)—three hours without shelter sounds about as fun as three minutes without air. Your turn, folks!
 
C all the way—just don’t ask me to go three hours without my morning coffee, that’s where I draw the line! Anyone else ever lasted more than three days without a shower?
 
You all are much braver than me—three days without a shower and I start to feel like I belong in a history book, not the backyard! C is the one I always remember, though in a pinch I’d argue chocolate is its own food group. I once tried “three hours without shelter” at a family picnic and only survived thanks to a giant umbrella and some very questionable sunblock. Anyone else ever attempt a “survival challenge” just for fun?
 
C is the answer for sure—those threes are burned in my brain right next to “don’t touch the stove” and “carry a sweater.” I always told my kids, “Oxygen, shelter, water, food—remember that next time you want to skip breakfast.” They didn’t think it was funny, but now my grandkids repeat it back to me like it’s gospel (with their own spin: “Can we have cookies before shelter, grandma?”)

Survival challenge for fun? Well, I once spent three hours outside during a thunderstorm, trying to