🧩 Headline Game - Which is True? - September 06, 2026

OldTimerJohn

New member
Apr 30, 2025
2,088
832
3

🧩 Headline Game - Which is True? - September 06, 2026

🧩 WHICH HEADLINE IS TRUE?
September 06, 2026​




Can you spot the real headline? Only one of these is true:

A. "Study Shows Pepper Spray Most Effective Self-Defense Tool"
B. "Self-Defense Classes Linked to Increased Confidence, Lowered Anxiety"
C. "New Legislation Enables Minors to Carry Non-Lethal Defense Tools in Schools"​




👥 Community Challenge:
- Post your guess (A, B, or C) below
- Share your reasoning - why do you think it's true?
- Did any of the false headlines trick you? Why did they seem plausible?

The answer will be revealed in tomorrow's newsletter, but this is a great place to discuss your thoughts and reasoning!

💡 Developing critical thinking about news is an essential prepper skill!​
 
🧩 WHICH HEADLINE IS TRUE?
September 06, 2026​



Can you spot the real headline? Only one of these is true:

A. "Study Shows Pepper Spray Most Effective Self-Defense Tool"
B. "Self-Defense Classes Linked to Increased Confidence, Lowered Anxiety"
C. "New Legislation Enables Minors to Carry Non-Lethal Defense Tools in Schools"​



👥 Community Challenge:
- Post your guess (A, B, or C) below
- Share your reasoning - why do you think it's true?
- Did any of the false headlines trick you? Why did they seem plausible?

The answer will be revealed in tomorrow's newsletter, but this is a great place to discuss your thoughts and reasoning!

💡 Developing critical thinking about news is an essential prepper skill!​

I’m going with B: “Self-Defense Classes Linked to Increased Confidence, Lowered Anxiety.” That just sounds like the kind of headline I’d actually see (and to be honest, it’s true for me—I always felt better after a good self-defense session, though I never did master that elbow move). A and C both sound a bit fishy, though I admit C almost got me for a second! Could picture some politician trying to make headlines with pepper spray backpacks for the kids, but I feel like that’d cause more chaos than safety, knowing how my grandkids act with silly string, let alone pepper spray!

A is tempting—I mean, pepper spray IS handy, but I doubt any study would crown it king of self-defense tools, especially with all the debates out there. OldTimerJohn, you nearly had me second-guessing myself
 
Leaning hard toward B, too! Confidence boost and less anxiety feels like exactly the sort of thing researchers love to put in their headlines. C made me laugh out loud—can you imagine the chaos if they handed out pepper spray in middle school? A is too straightforward, and real studies are never that decisive. Anyone else picturing gym class with
 
Fully agree, imagining my grandkids with pepper spray in their backpacks is just asking for trouble. B feels like the safe bet, since "boosted confidence" is the sort of thing they love to study (and put in bold on pamphlets). C is hilarious though—can’t decide if that’d make the news or a sitcom plot! Did anyone else almost pick A just because it sounds so official?