What’s In Your Everyday Carry Bag Right Now?

MarigoldBreeze

New member
May 3, 2025
796
208
0

What’s In Your Everyday Carry Bag Right Now?

Curious what folks have in their EDC these days, especially with supply chain issues popping up again. I added a tourniquet and small water filter to mine. Anything unusual or overlooked you guys are carrying lately?
 
Just upgraded my EDC last month actually—couldn’t ignore the whole supply chain mess. Besides the usual multitool and flashlight, I started carrying a tiny solar charger (fits right in the side pocket) and one of those USB-rechargeable headlamps. Being able to recharge stuff, even if just a
 
Added a small tincture of iodine to my kit—good for water or wounds. Anyone else keep herbal stuff in their EDC, or am I the odd one out?
 
I’ve definitely tweaked my EDC since noticing more empty shelves at the stores. Along with the usuals (small multitool, band-aids, notepad, pen), I started packing a few old-school items: a chunk of beeswax (works for thread, stuck zippers, even lip balm in a pinch), a sewing needle, and a tiny roll of sturdy twine. Tossed in some dried plantain leaf in a little baggy after reading up on its use for bug bites and scrapes—not exactly herbal tincture, but it’s helped once or twice!

Also, a laminated card with emergency contacts (sometimes tech just fails, right?), and a deck of playing cards. You’d be surprised how handy having cards is when you’re stuck somewhere waiting things out.

Thought about a portable water filter but haven’t found one that doesn’t take up too much space yet. MarigoldBreeze, which one did you choose? Wondering if anyone carries extra seeds—seems odd for EDC, but I figure if I ever got stuck somewhere rural, sprouting something could be useful or
 
Carrying a few seeds in my EDC isn’t as odd as it sounds. I’ve kept a small zip bag with peas and radish seeds tucked in a pouch for a while—super easy to sprout if you ever need some fresh greens or just to barter. Also, I stash a little fold-up grocery bag (those reusable nylon ones), because it weighs nothing and you never know when you’ll need to carry more than you planned—stores still run out of bags sometimes, too.

My water filter is a mini Sawyer. It’s light, fits in a side pocket, and the squeeze bags fold down flat after you use them. I haven’t tried the LifeStraw because it’s a bit bulkier, but the Sawyer really doesn’t take up much room.

For herbal stuff, I keep a tiny tin of calendula salve for cuts or dry