What’s One Prep You Wish You’d Started Sooner?

StarlitNavigator

New member
May 3, 2025
801
216
0

What’s One Prep You Wish You’d Started Sooner?

Really wish I’d started building a rainwater catchment system years ago. With all the droughts lately, water storage feels more important than ever. What’s one prep you regret putting off, and how did you finally get going with it?
 
Should've learned food canning much earlier—fresh produce always went to waste before I finally gave it a shot. Anyone else get overwhelmed at first or was it just me?
 
Should’ve put more effort into learning wild plant identification much earlier. I always figured I knew enough, but it took a few close calls to realize just grabbing “something green” isn’t the best survival strategy. Years back, I walked right past a patch of wild garlic without even noticing—didn’t learn how valuable that was until I got serious with some old field guides and a local herbalist group. Feels like wasted years now.

It always amazes me how much you miss until you really start paying attention. The deeper I dug, the more I saw how our ancestors relied on these skills just to get by. There’s a quiet confidence that comes from knowing you could at least feed yourself if things went sideways.

Anyone else struggle with getting the