What’s the Most Overlooked Prep in Your Opinion?
Water seems to get quite a bit of attention, but personal hygiene and sanitation supplies rarely make it to the top of the priority list in discussions I see. It just seems to me that poor hygiene could destroy a group faster than almost anything else in a prolonged situation—think infections, foodborne illness, and even just the morale issues.
Not just soap and toilet paper (though you don’t want to run out of those!), but also ways to disinfect surfaces, dental health items, and old-fashioned washcloths or reusable cloth wipes. I’ve even started keeping a small stash of basic herbs for natural antiseptics and gentle cleaners.
Do you all think sanitation is too often overlooked, or am I making too much of it? Curious what others have in their plans for maintaining hygiene standards if supply chains really break down. Also, if anyone has recommendations for low-water bathing or washing solutions, I’d love to pick your brain. Always worried about running short on water, especially here in the summer months.
Not just soap and toilet paper (though you don’t want to run out of those!), but also ways to disinfect surfaces, dental health items, and old-fashioned washcloths or reusable cloth wipes. I’ve even started keeping a small stash of basic herbs for natural antiseptics and gentle cleaners.
Do you all think sanitation is too often overlooked, or am I making too much of it? Curious what others have in their plans for maintaining hygiene standards if supply chains really break down. Also, if anyone has recommendations for low-water bathing or washing solutions, I’d love to pick your brain. Always worried about running short on water, especially here in the summer months.