What’s the One Prep You’d Never Go Without?
If I had to pick only one prep that I’d never be without, it’s water filtration. Food, tools, even shelter—there’s ways to improvise, but clean water is absolutely non-negotiable. I keep both gravity filters and a few Sawyer Minis in various kits, plus remember learning some basics about building DIY sand filters, just in case.
Been thinking though, I’ve seen a lot of folks focus heavily on food stores or self-defense, and sometimes water is kind of treated like an afterthought. Maybe I’m missing something? How do you prioritize your preps—does water sit at the top for most of you, or is there another item you’d put above it?
Also curious, do most of you have backups for your main filtration systems? I’ve read about filters getting clogged or breaking, and that’s always stuck in the back of my mind. Would love to hear what everyone relies on most and why. Maybe there’s something I’m overlooking that deserves a spot as “never go without.”
Been thinking though, I’ve seen a lot of folks focus heavily on food stores or self-defense, and sometimes water is kind of treated like an afterthought. Maybe I’m missing something? How do you prioritize your preps—does water sit at the top for most of you, or is there another item you’d put above it?
Also curious, do most of you have backups for your main filtration systems? I’ve read about filters getting clogged or breaking, and that’s always stuck in the back of my mind. Would love to hear what everyone relies on most and why. Maybe there’s something I’m overlooking that deserves a spot as “never go without.”