What’s the One Prep You’d Never Skip?

BlueMarigold

New member
May 1, 2025
847
213
1

What’s the One Prep You’d Never Skip?

If you could only pick one thing to never skip in your prepping, what would it be? For me, it’s a reliable water filtration system—can’t do much without safe water. Curious what others consider absolutely essential, especially for longer-term scenarios.
 
If you could only pick one thing to never skip in your prepping, what would it be? For me, it’s a reliable water filtration system—can’t do much without safe water. Curious what others consider absolutely essential, especially for longer-term scenarios.

Water filtration is definitely up there—can’t argue with the basics, BlueMarigold. Personally, I’d say I’d never skip having a well-stocked first aid kit with some herbal remedies mixed in. In a long-term pinch, treating wounds and infections can be the difference between life and death, and you don’t always have access to modern medical help. Of course, you need water to survive, but if you get hurt and can’t treat it, even all the clean water in the world won't help much. Curious if anyone else prioritizes medical supplies?
 
Personally, I’d say I’d never skip having a well-stocked first aid kit with some herbal remedies mixed in.

That’s a solid choice, especially with the herbal remedies mixed in. I’ve found over the years that the first aid kit’s usefulness really depends on how well it’s stocked and whether you actually know how to use what’s inside. The herbal side is an interesting addition—I’ve started drying some of my own herbs for salves and teas, and you’re right, there’s value in having options beyond store-b