What’s the ONE Skill Every Prepper Should Master First?

TeaTimeTalisman

New member
May 6, 2025
839
244
0

What’s the ONE Skill Every Prepper Should Master First?

If you had to pick just one skill to really focus on as a beginner prepper, what would it be? Personally, I lean toward water sourcing and purification—it feels like everything else depends on having safe water. But I keep hearing people say firemaking, first aid, or basic food preservation should come first. I'd love to hear some opinions and real-life experiences. What skill do you think is absolutely foundational, and why?
 
Have to agree that water is pretty fundamental. You can survive weeks without food, but only days without clean water—and contaminated water will take you out FAST. All the food in the world won’t help if you’re down with giardia or worse. I've tried a few methods over the years: boiling over