What’s Your Go-To Backup Power Source?

GarnetDusk

New member
May 6, 2025
836
212
0

What’s Your Go-To Backup Power Source?

When the grid goes down, what's your main backup power? I’ve relied on a mid-size solar generator with deep cycle batteries, but I'm weighing pros/cons of propane vs. gas for longer stretches. Curious what others trust for redundancy—any regrets or lessons learned?
 
I’ve relied on a mid-size solar generator with deep cycle batteries, but I'm weighing pros/cons of propane vs. gas for longer stretches.

I hear you on weighing propane vs gas—propane stores longer and is cleaner, but finding refills during a crisis worries me more than gas, honestly. Have you noticed any real difference in how long your solar setup lasts, GarnetDusk?
 
Propane’s shelf life is a huge plus, but yeah, refills could get tricky fast if things drag out. Ever tried storing smaller tanks or do you only go with the big ones?
 
  • Like
Reactions: AquaFern1028
I keep a couple small tanks for the grill and a big one for the generator, but honestly worry more about running out than having a backup. Do you rotate your tanks often?