What’s Your Go-To Skill for Off-Grid Survival?

ChrysanthiDream

New member
May 6, 2025
827
200
0

What’s Your Go-To Skill for Off-Grid Survival?

When it comes to true off-grid survival, I always fall back on plant identification and foraging skills. Curious what others lean on first—firecraft, water sourcing, or something else? Always interested to know which skill folks consider their non-negotiable in a long-term scenario.
 
Curious what others lean on first—firecraft, water sourcing, or something else? Always interested to know which skill folks consider their non-negotiable in a long-term scenario.

Water sourcing is top of my list too, though I know a lot of folks go straight to firecraft. You can improvise some shelter or go without cooked food for a bit, but safe water is non-negotiable after a couple days. Knowing how to find and purify water gives such peace of mind. ChrysanthiDream, do you have a favorite method for filtering or purifying when you’re out there? I tend to stick with boiling and some homemade charcoal filters, but I’m always curious what others trust.