What’s Your Go-To Skill for Total Grid Failure?

EchoTangoFox

New member
May 3, 2025
843
236
0

What’s Your Go-To Skill for Total Grid Failure?

Grid goes down for good—what’s the one skill you’re betting on to keep you and yours afloat? For me, it’s radio comms. Amateur radio isn’t just a hobby anymore; it’s my lifeline for info and coordination if the power stays off long-term. Got backup antennas, battery banks, solar chargers, the whole works. I’ve
 
Grid goes down for good—what’s the one skill you’re betting on to keep you and yours afloat? For me, it’s radio comms.

Radio comms are definitely a strong choice—staying connected when everything else is silent could make all the difference. For me, though, I keep coming back to traditional fire-starting skills. If you can make fire in any condition, you’ve got warmth, boiled water, cooked food, and a way to signal if needed. Survival in the old days depended on it, and I don’t think that’s changed even with all our tech. How much overlap do you see between your radio know-how and other basics like shelter or water sourcing?