What’s Your Top “No Power” Survival Tip?

MarigoldBreeze

New member
May 3, 2025
788
207
0

What’s Your Top “No Power” Survival Tip?

When the grid’s down, I always rely on my rocket stove for cooking—uses minimal fuel and works with just twigs. What’s the one low-tech trick you absolutely wouldn’t go without for long-term outages? Curious to learn what other folks have found most useful.
 
For me, it’s always my gravity water filter—can’t be too careful about clean water. Ever tried making a simple sand and charcoal filter yourself?
 
Solar lanterns are a game changer for me—just leave ’em out during the day and you’ve got light all night. Anyone find a brand that actually lasts more than a year?
 
Flashlights are fine, but nothing beats a wind-up radio/flashlight combo when the power’s out for days. I keep mine on the shelf by the pantry—no batteries to hunt for, just a bit of elbow grease. I’ve found it keeps spirits up too, having some music or news, even if