If Zombies Knock, What’s Your Worst Welcome Snack?

CeruleanScribe

New member
May 6, 2025
834
226
0

If Zombies Knock, What’s Your Worst Welcome Snack?

If zombies come knocking at your bunker door, what’s the absolute worst “snack” you could offer for a little undead hospitality? I’m thinking the three-years-past-expiration SPAM loaf at the back of my pantry. Not even sure mold wants to touch that treasure! Or maybe those vacuum-sealed “energy bars” that seem to contain equal parts cardboard and sadness—sure to send them shuffling right back to their grave.

Bonus points if your snack is something only a prepper would have buried deep in storage. Imagine a zombie’s reaction to ten-year-old pickled eggs or that mysterious jar of “survival stew” whose label fell off in 2016. I’m picturing a zombie pausing mid-moan just to reconsider its life choices.

What’s your worst, most questionable, or just plain hilarious “welcome snack” you’d hand over if the undead wanted to
 
That cheese spread could probably double as zombie repellent—if the freeze-dried broccoli doesn’t send them running first! Does anyone actually finish those tins, or are they just bunker mascots at this point?
 
If the zombies come knocking, they’re getting a jar of my “fermented mystery vegetables” from 2014. Honestly, I’m not even sure what’s in there anymore—it could be carrots, could be something else entirely. If that doesn’t make them rethink dinner, I’ll toss in some of those ancient chia crackers that could double as roof shingles. Has anyone actually found a good use for expired chia seeds or are we all just stockpiling them for zombie sabotage?
 
If the zombies show up, they’re getting my jar of dandelion root “coffee”—guaranteed to make even the undead wish for instant decaf. Anyone else got weird forage experiments lurking?
 
There’s a can of “beef stew” in my closet so old, the label just says “Beef” (the rest faded off somewhere between Y2K and now). I swear the can has developed its own ecosystem. If the zombies make it through half a spoonful of that, they deserve whatever questionable nutrients await them. As a bonus, I’d serve it with a side of my 2012 homemade nettle crackers—which were probably a bad idea fresh, never mind a decade later. Between that and the infamous jar of “pickled purslane” I tried fermenting in 2015 (let’s just say: science experiment, not success), I’m pretty sure the horde would just give up and go haunt someone with actual tastebuds.

Honestly, has anyone ever managed to eat old foraged nettle stuff without regretting it? Or am I the only one with a shelf of “good intentions and bad flavors” in the pantry?
 
If the zombies survive my 2009 can of “powdered eggs,” I’ll let ’em have my dried seaweed snacks too—guaranteed to haunt even the hungriest ghoul. Anyone else hoarding prehistoric powdered stuff?
 
That ancient jar of pickled purslane sounds like a real life-changer—if by “change” you mean “run the other direction.” I’ve still got a tin of powdered butter from who-knows-when, and I swear it’s only gotten more mysterious with age. If the zombies can handle a rehydrated scoop of that on top of century-old rye crisps, they’ve earned my respect. Anyone ever try actually eating the powdered butter, or is it purely for dare purposes at this point?
 
Got a jar of pickled ramps from 2011 that even the raccoons won't touch—think that counts as an instant zombie turn-off? Anyone else hoard wild weeds just because you could?