What’s Your Most Underrated Prep Item?
Thinking about all the gear and supplies stacked in my pantry and shed, it struck me how often some truly useful items get overlooked for the flashier gadgets. For me, it’s a simple tincture of yarrow. I keep a bottle everywhere—medicine cabinet, bugout bag, glove box. It’s an old remedy, but in a pinch, yarrow stops bleeding and helps wounds heal cleanly.
I get the importance of knives, water filters, those obvious “must-haves.” But sometimes, the little things make the biggest difference. I also think a plain cotton bandana is wildly underrated. You can use it as a filter, tourniquet, sling, or even just to protect your neck from the sun.
Curious what others here think about this—what’s the thing you reach for that nobody else seems to talk about? Could be anything: homemade, store-bought, or something
I get the importance of knives, water filters, those obvious “must-haves.” But sometimes, the little things make the biggest difference. I also think a plain cotton bandana is wildly underrated. You can use it as a filter, tourniquet, sling, or even just to protect your neck from the sun.
Curious what others here think about this—what’s the thing you reach for that nobody else seems to talk about? Could be anything: homemade, store-bought, or something